Forum

POLL - How do you back up your digital photos?

How do you back up your digital photos?
To multiple hard drives
To a cloud storage service
To a hard drive and a cloud storage service
To DVDs, Blu-ray discs, or CDs
No backups are made

Weekly photography poll #2

Multiple answers allowed for this one.

From the Nikon D3200 to the Nikon D7100 to currently the Fujifilm X-T2, loved them all...

I was unable to vote for some reason, but I have a 2nd hard drive on my PC and I also have a NAS to back that up. Google photos backs up my phone too.

Sorry I wasn't logged in! I've voted now to support my comment above. This reminds me also to backup my most recent pictures. I have had a hard drive failure in the past, where it wouldn't boot but I managed to recover the files using a command line utility and it is frustrating and very slow!

No worries Chris - I've had a few Hard-Drive disasters in the past, luckily not since taking up photography in 2013, none-the-less, when I save a finished image (JPG) in processing software the file goes straight to my external hard drive and at the same time to Google Drive and BT Cloud so one image becomes 3 copies. I find that works for me 👍

I always keep my RAW files but only ever on my large capacity external hard drive. Cloud storage is a little too expensive to store RAW files also, they are soon picked over and processed anyway so I have no worries there.

From the Nikon D3200 to the Nikon D7100 to currently the Fujifilm X-T2, loved them all...
Translate »