Forum

A few snaps and a funny story 🙂

A funny story and word of warning before I start sharing images from today – Nostell Priory is a stately home with very nice gardens and grounds owned and kept by the National Trust here in West Yorkshire. Each Easter Nostell Priory holds the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt where children go around the grounds finding clues to a puzzle in order to win a Cadbury Easter Egg at the end, they make you work for the egg believe me! Because this event attracts a lot of people, we all went to the gardens first while all was quiet before Sue and Thomas went on the egg hunt. I broke out the crystal ball and gave it to Sue to hold for a shot of the gardens with Thomas in the background. At first Sue thought I was joking when I said the ball magnifies the sun and can very easily burn you, more than that Sue was sarcastically holding a leaflet that she had been handed on the way into the grounds over one side of the ball and making fun of what I said about the danger of burning her hand. What happened next was so funny and I swear is true, the leaflet caught fire in her hand and she had to throw it on the floor and stamp on it to put it out, how funny, Thomas and I were in hysterics 😀 (lesson learned Sue!)

Please be careful using crystal balls in strong sunlight for photography, a glove or cleaning cloth around the ball is advises!

Here are a few images from this morning…

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
From the Nikon D3200 to the Nikon D7100 to currently the Fujifilm X-T2, loved them all...

And a few more...

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
From the Nikon D3200 to the Nikon D7100 to currently the Fujifilm X-T2, loved them all...
Translate »